Lane Cove Cats are joining the state-wide Shoosh for Kids campaign. Let’s show respect to kids and officials by keeping our comments positive – remember, sport should be fun!
The general rule is if you haven’t got anything nice to say, not to
say anything at all.
- Be enthusiastic – but don’t scream and shout instructions from the sideline;
- Emphasise trying hard – not winning;
- Cheer and acknowledge good play from all sides and teams;
- Accept decisions from officials. They’re human – they make mistakes;
- Let coaches do the coaching.
- Always remember – volunteers run kids sport;
- Understand, uphold and support your club’s code of conduct.
- Allow your child to play for themselves. Let kids make decisions, on and off the field.
- Think before you speak – your words may harm others.
- Keep it fun – don’t take it too seriously. It’s not the World Titles.
Shoosh for Kids is a collaborative effort between the Office of Sport and State Sporting Organisations to promote positive behaviour to members, clubs and associations.